dubizzle "Squads" are high performing x-functional teams set with a mission to provide win-win exchanges for our beloved users. We believe engineers are central to the problem discovery process, which is why we let teams own the "what and how" of their respective missions.
We are here to bring on digital disruption and to build the best platform the Middle East has ever seen!
As a Principle Software Engineer (Frontend) you will liaises with the other backend and frontend engineers within your product stream, the QA team, the design team and your Tech Team Leads. As a senior member of the team, you will be responsible for advancing our development stack and ensuring scale as we grow to millions of monthly active users across many countries.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with other teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues, and handling the complete SDLC.
- Support a wide range of products focusing on automation, availability and performance, and above all reliability as well as supporting mobile engineers and business intelligence leading up to, during and after each sprint.
- Live true to our ambitions of building an industry-leading platform which is relentlessly focussed on innovation.
- Develop elegant solutions for complex problems;
- Write and maintain exemplary code following dubizzle’s programming practices;
- Gain a detailed understanding of the complete architecture of our product and the position of your product stream in it;
- Work in a mentoring capacity within a peer-programming environment and provide guidance on tasks, irrespective of complexity or scale;
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years of production level experience in React
- Ability to build apps in React
- Have used one state management library e.g. Redux extensively
- Ability to profile and optimize a React application performance wise
- Good understanding of at least one MVC frameworks
- Some understanding of build tools like Webpack and package management tools like Yarn & NPM;
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. This is an absolute must. We have heated debates around complicated subjects and you will be expected to defend your points of view.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Plus point: Have used Server Side Rendering with React